Post: Technical Officer (Building Surveying background)
Reports to: District Maintenance Managers
Grade: Technical Level 2
Technical Officers involved in Maintenance Inspections will be required to ensure that maintenance repairs to homes are carried out to exacting cost, quality and time standards in accordance with the terms of contracts.
· To carry out inspections of properties to a set timetable in order to authorise the Contractors to carry out necessary maintenance work.
· To conduct inspections to properties, again to a set timetable, in order that works done are of an acceptable standard and that payment for such work can be authorised.
· Officers will be require to meet with tenants, external agencies, and or tenants representatives to advise them on maintenance issues.
· To draw deficiencies in the delivery of an effective maintenance service to the attention of the Contractor in the first instance in order that remedial action can be taken.
· To draw the above deficiencies to the attention of the district maintenance manager, if not resolved
· Liaise with other departments within the company
· Prepare associates reports and liaise with contractors and other staff to ensure cases are managed efficiently with swift resolution.
Requirements (must be eligible to at least one of the following):
· Degree in Building Studies/Surveying with at least 1 year relevant experience (Including a work placement)
· BTEC Higher Diploma in Building Studies (or equivalent) and 2 years relevant experience
· A minimum of 4 years relevant experience (If you have neither of the above)
· Relevant experience will be considered as working in design, improvement or maintenance of domestic properties.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.