Sub contract Buyer - Co Down
A well-known Building Contractor involved on some of Northern Ireland's most high profile projects wishes to appoint a Subcontract Buyer/ Procurement Surveyor.
Involved on projects up to £60M, you will join the Procurement Division and ideally come from a QS degree/ qualification.
- Lead the development of Sub-Contract works packages.
- Work with the Contracts Manager and Commercial Director in agreeing tender lists.
- Assist with the production of the project Sub-Contract procurement schedule.
- Where pre procurement has been identified within the procurement strategy assist with analysis of quotations, lead negotiations with prospective Sub-Contractors, attending post tender interviews where required, to develop robust, commercially competitive Sub-Contract package bids from key supply chain members, thereby offsetting risk and procuring guaranteed margins for incorporation within the bid.
- Tender enquiry management, analysis of returns and recommendations for best value procurement route (including labour, plant and material configuration options)
- Placing of Sub-Contract orders and management of the subcontract execution process.
- Must have a demonstrated track record in subcontracts management within a Building Contracting environment, or a QS wishes to move into this role full-time
- Must have commercial awareness and contract knowledge
- Have excellent communication and problem solving skills
A generous salary & remuneration package will be on offer to the successful QS.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.