The CSR Group are working for one of the leading quarry, Civil Engineering and road contractors operating in Northern Ireland in their latest round of recruitment.
Due to continuous growth the opportunity has arisen for a permanent role as Site Engineer based in the Belfast and Great Belfast area. The successful applicant will be responsible for managing both Civil Engineering and asphalt surfacing contracts with a focus on the effective management of Health & Safety, quality and efficiencies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing contracts team where you will help initiate continuous improvements to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget. This will ensure the customers’ expectations are met, whilst aligning activities within industry standards.
In this role the successful candidate will report to the Contracts Manager in the Greater Belfast Area.
Excellent salaries including van and fuel
· Build strong working relationships with the Engineering team, Sub-Contractors and Clients.
· Work alongside other Site Engineers and the Contracts Manager to successfully deliver projects up to £5million
· Communicate with the Client to solve problems on site or raise technical queries.
· Ability to interpret technical drawings and identify potential issues with design or methodology.
· Setting out and Surveying with Dumpy and Laser Levels, GPS and Total Station.
· Read and manipulate AutoCAD drawings to accurately transfer information to site and prepare as-built drawings.
· Liaise with local authorities to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by–laws.
· Take a proactive approach to managing Health and Safety on site, complete H&S paperwork and ensure all H&S protocols are adhered to.
· Preparation and delivery of RAMS and Site Inductions.
· Keep site records and ensure Sub-Contractors performance is in line with requirements.
· Co-ordinate and supervise temporary works as required.
· Record and monitor planned work versus actual for subcontract progress.
· Managing resources on site so that the project is delivered on time. Accurately review the project programme and establish key dates and milestones.
· Record and control external and internal plant hire movements.
· Take-offs and ordering of materials as required for the project.
· Measure completed work for preparation of Client Valuations and Sub-Contractor Payments.
Skills & Experience
· Minimum of 3 years experience as a Site Engineer to include Principal Contractor experience within the local Northern Ireland construction industry
· Sound knowledge of Engineering, latest building regulations, legislation and Health and Safety
· Educated to degree level in a Civil Engineering or similar discipline or have relevant work experience.
· Working knowledge of the complete Microsoft Office suite
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and surveying equipment
· Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels
· Self-motivated. Capable of working on own initiative and able to motivate a team
· Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organisational skills is essential
· Flexible approach to working hours and travel to other locations across NI when necessary
· A full driving license is essential
· Competitive Remuneration Package
· Company Vehicle
· Health Cash Plan
· Company Occupational Health
· 34 days holiday per annum (pro rata)
· Pension Scheme with Company contribution
· Family Friendly Policies
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.