Senior / Managing Quantity Surveyor
An opportunity based in Dublin exists for a Senior/ Managing Quantity Surveyor.
Working closely with a Commercial Director & Managing Director, you will be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of major construction projects, ranging in complexity on a diverse portfolio of work and achieving commercial targets whilst maintaining safety and quality.
Our client is an established leader within the construction industry and boasts an impressive range of commercial projects within the Healthcare, Education & Office Development sectors.
As the Managing Quantity Surveyor your main duties will be but not limited to:
- In conjunction with the Senior Management team, assist in development and implementing policy across the business
- Supporting the development and implementation of the company vision, mission and values to deliver its strategic objectives
- Implementing and driving change
- Assisting project teams in procurement with Commercial guidance
- Periodic visits to selection of projects establishing accurate commercial status
- Work closely with the pre-contract department to aid accurate tendering and to fully appreciate the risks
- Identifying risk in the pre and post contract and post PC stages
- Working closely with the aftercare team to advise on responsibility and monitor expenditure
- Setting targets, objectives and clear responsibilities to encourage and help develop staff in accordance with their own needs and those of the business
- Managing Clients ensuring total satisfaction
- Ensuring early recognition of potential problems and implement corrective actions
- The ideal candidate will have extensive industry experience in a similar senior role
- Experience of managing multiple schemes ranging from £5million to £25million
- Experience of managing wide range of design and build construction schemes within education, healthcare and private and student accommodation
- Strong leadership skills
- BSc Quantity Surveying qualification or equivalent
- Outstanding technical knowledge on construction operations
- Ability to deal with major and complex issues with ease
- Commercially astute
- Desire to deliver results
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident in using communication to negotiate and influence at all levels
What package you can expect to receive
- Generous Salary plus Car and Car Allowance plus Company benefits to include pension, bonus, holidays, and healthcare.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Jonathan Derby at CSR on 015267469. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.