The CSR Group are currently working with one of the leading Building and Civil Engineering Contractors operating throughout the UK and Ireland, based in Northern Ireland, with offices throughout the UK.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Project Manager to lead a team on a prestigious project in the Govan area, the project is due to commence in 4-6 weeks and we are on the lookout for experienced candidates who will make up the core site based team.
The project is valued at £150m and will have elements of building and civil engineering.
· Obtain a full understanding of the contract requirements as contained within the tender documentation.
· Have a basic understanding of the key aspects of the project Conditions of Contract.
· Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the tender pricing structure and strategy.
· Have an understanding of the tender prelims allowance and develop a strategy to work within it.
· Ensure that an effective and realistic Procurement Schedule is produced in conjunction with the Project Quantity Surveyor (PQS).
· Lead the subcontractor procurement process and ensure that subcontractors are appointed on time.
· Ensure that all relevant project correspondence and contractual notices are written and sent to all relevant parties including client, client’s representative, PQS and subcontractors.
· Ensure that regular commercial reviews are carried out in relation to all budgetary (cost/value) aspects of the project. • Have a thorough understanding of the CVR process.
· Provide guidance, instruction and leadership to the PQS as and when necessary.
· Attend subcontractor Pre-Start meetings and play an active role.
· Ensure that full detailed records of all site works are kept and maintained on site and identify and promote commercial opportunities in this regard w.r.t. possible contractual claims.
· Attend the tender Handover Meeting.
· Arrange, chair and lead the Project Start-Up Meeting. Ensure that this is minuted and that allocated actions are dealt with.
· On a Design and Build (D&B) project fulfil the role of Design Manager (unless agreed otherwise with Operations Manager) and ensure that the Schedule of Design Function Responsibilities is compiled and agreed.
· Review the tender project programme and use this as a basis for producing a Construction programme. Take full ownership of the construction programme and ensure that it is monitored and updated on a regular basis.
· Arrange and chair subcontractor Start-Up meetings prior to works commencing on site.
· Arrange and chair regular subcontractor progress/coordination meetings.
· Ensure that a comprehensive client progress report is produced for the monthly meetings.
· Ensure that all actions from client progress meetings are swiftly dealt with.
· Ensure that all site management and operatives are sufficiently trained for their roles and identify training needs.
· Ensure that all administrative aspects of the project are managed and implemented effectively.
· Use own personal expertise and technical/professional knowledge to give advice and direction to others in the delivery of project.
· Ensure a positive working relationship with clients.
· Ensure high personal levels of professionalism and presentation including appropriate dress code.
· Ensure that an effective and regimental snagging process is instigated, administered and concluded.
· Ensure that all project correspondence is properly archived at Completion.
· Compile an Information Release Schedule which identifies specific timescales for release of all information from designers, clients, statutory bodies and issue to all relevant parties.
· Monitor the schedule to ensure that information is made available as required for procurement of subcontractors and construction of the works.
· Arrange and chair weekly project review meetings with the team.
· Ensure that all appointed subcontractors are suitably experienced and competent in full compliance with the CDM Regulations.
· Undertake the role of Temporary Works Coordinator (unless agreed otherwise with Operations Manager).
· Ensure full compliance with all aspects of the Temporary Works processes.
· Develop the CPHSP and ensure that this is approved by the CDMC prior to works commencing on site.
· Ensure that the CPHSP is reviewed and updated on a regular basis to ensure full legislative compliance.
· Ensure daily safety briefing/coordination meetings with subcontractors take place.
· Be familiar with all relevant H&S legislation and ensure full compliance in this regard.
· Be familiar with the Company H&S Policy, individual role responsibilities and ensure full compliance.
· Ensure that the Project H&S File / O&M’s / Building Manuals are produced and submitted timeously.
· Develop the site quality management plan and ensure full compliance with all processes and procedures contained therein including compilation and completion of ITP’s, RAG reviews and NCR’s.
· Ensure specified quality standards are understood within the project team and supply chain and ensure that they are delivered on site.
· Ensure that an End of Project Review Meeting is organised.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.