Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Building Services)
Job Description: Senior Engineer
Salary: Very negotiable – Based on Experience
The Senior Mechanical Design engineer will lead the engineering design on projects. The role will mean working very closely with the current team including current senior and junior/Intermediate designers to contribute to the operational delivery of projects, management of client relationships and management of a team, developing your skills and having a view to taking on a full managerial role in due course.
The office will be in Belfast. The company have current projects ranging across the province valued up to £100 million.
Working closely with fellow senior engineers – With the help of junior and intermediates engineers.
Other relationships in the role will include clients, other engineers, consultants, external clients and so on.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· Manage engineering designs in line with client brief and/or other project requirements
• Review and provide feedback on designs produced by more junior staff
• Contribute to the day-to-day management and control of projects
• Provide training and coaching to more junior staff (when required), including acting as a mentor to support those pursuing membership of professional institutions
• Contribute to the preparation of submissions and fee bids
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients
• Contribute to Practice-wide technical initiatives (such as the development of technical standards, software development, knowledge sharing etc)
Other Key Requirements
· Engineering qualification at Bachelor’s degree level (or Higher)
· Proven technical competence and experience
· Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, and to lead and motivate others
· Experience in a previous similar role either for contractor or consultancy
· Proven ability to plan and programme your own work and that of others
· Demonstrate ability to delegate to others and provide appropriate and timely feedback
· Evidence of progress towards achieving recognition as a chartered professional
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.