Our Client, Top 5 Building and Civil engineering contractor, are currently looking to employ an experienced Senior Health & Safety Manager on site in Dundalk.
Good competitive packages available for the right candidates around €65-75k + package (DOE)
The Senior Health & Safety Advisor reports directly to the Regional HSEQ Manager and you will be responsible for monitoring on site activities to ensure all employees, sub-contractors and visitors comply with Health and Safety policies.
Projects in Dundalk valued at €150million +
• Assist project teams in the application of Health and Safety policies and procedures;
• Support the management with the delivery of Health & Safety objectives
• Complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records are maintained;
• Conduct health and safety audits observing workers to ensure they are following company policies and highlight any non-conformances
• Monitor Health & Safety performance throughout the business & report to the Health & Safety Director;
• Extensive knowledge of Health & Safety management systems within a Construction environment;
• Liaise with subcontractors on all Health and Safety snags during the design, construction, commissioning & handover of schemes;
• Assists with the development for Health & Safety initiatives;
• Assists the Regional Safety / Health Manager and site teams in promoting Health & Safety principles to ensure compliance and best practice e.g. Think Smart and site-specific assistance;
• Participates in site progress meetings and complete health and safety investigation reports; and
• Attend regular Health & Safety meetings and training as required.
Education / Experience:
• NEBOSH Certificate (General or Construction.), as a minimum. (NEBOSH Diploma desirable.)
• A degree / HND in a construction or business-related discipline or equivalent relevant experience in a similar role
• Experience of working in a busy, deadline driven working environment is essential as the role demands the ability to handle multiple submissions simultaneously.
• Experience of using databases, spreadsheets and the internet for reporting purposes.
• Experience of creating professional documentation to a very high standard with particular focus on accuracy
• Demonstrates high levels of commitment and a pro-active attitude
• Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times and to develop good working relationships with all company departments.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.