Our client is a Leading top 5 Irish Building Contractor
They currently require an intermediate Safety Advisor to join them on a fit-out site-based role in Belfast.
The Safety Advisor will partner with the Business Unit Director, their management teams and the HSEQ Director to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management. This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group’s governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
Package will be around £35-40k DOE
Packages may be higher for the right candidate
- Provide leadership across the business unit on the development of effective and proactive strategies for managing Health & Safety risks, and for improving Health & Safety performance.
- Act as a coach and mentor to operational managers on a broad range of Health & Safety issues, supporting them in embedding Health & Safety policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide leadership support to operational directors in the investigation and resolution of Health & Safety accidents and incidents.
- Support the management of operational bids through leading on the development of Health & Safety strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial and commercial management within the Business unit
- Proactively assess any commercial opportunities for the delivery of fee-earning Health & Safety services to existing and potential client groups.
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Work with Business unit directors, Human Resources and the HSEQ Director to develop and implement an effective HSEQ training and competency framework.
- Play an active role in the company’s HSEQ Board, contributing to the development of Group HSEQ policy and improvement programmes.
- Provide direction and support for project based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Ensure that appropriate and robust assurance ‘systems’ are in place across the Business unit, ensuring that they are relevant to operational needs and encourage a consistently high level of governance and performance.
- Support operational management in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ policy implementation through inspection/audit, the development of appropriate performance measures, and by contributing to the monthly HSEQ (and operational) reporting cycle.
- Provide intelligence to the business on existing / emerging HSEQ legal requirements and sector/client-specific ‘standards.
- Diploma in Safety Management (ideally), NEBOSH qualification or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Membership of the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH) (ideally)
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Health & Safety generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of Health & Safety law, and relevant sector-specific Health & Safety standards in relation to construction and the operation of construction plant & equipment.
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist Health & Safety
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.