Currently our client we requires a HSEQ Manager to join their experienced team in their head office based in Belfast.
As a HSEQ Advisor you will be responsible for all aspects of delivery of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems. This will include, but not limited to, undertaking audits and inspections, developing operating procedures, preparing reports and statistics, delivering presentations as well as providing advice and guidance to employees and sub-contractors.
The successful candidate would ideal be from the local area, this is a predominantly NI based role.
Packages will be Negotiable DOE
- Provide input into the development and delivery of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- Investigating accidents, near misses etc
- Maintaining ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and ISO 45001 management systems.
- Producing thorough reports and ensuring effective action is taken to prevent recurrence
- Support operational managers and project teams on a broad range of HSEQ issues, helping them to embed HSEQ policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide technical advice to operational teams in the investigation and resolution of HSEQ accidents and incidents.
- Input into the development of operational bids, supporting the bid teams to determine appropriate HSEQ strategies and responses.
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Provide direction and support for project based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Support operational teams in implementing appropriate and robust assurance ‘systems’ across the Business unit, working with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that they are relevant to operational needs and encourage a consistently high level of governance and performance.
- Support operational teams in measuring the effectiveness of HSEQ policy implementation through inspection/audit, the review of appropriate performance measures, and by contributing to the monthly HSEQ (and operational) reporting cycle.
- Provide intelligence to the business on existing / emerging HSEQ legal requirements and sector/client-specific ‘standards.
- IOSH member
- Nebosh level 6 Diploma or equivalent degree
- Nebosh environmental diploma
- Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector specific HSEQ standards in relation to construction/building and asset management services
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.