Regional SHE Advisor (Interior Fit-Out)
Location: Northern England with UK wide travel
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with sound knowledge of safety, health and environmental legislation and proven experience in construction operations and sequencing. A working knowledge of cultural/ behavioural safety programmes would be a distinct advantage.
Reporting to the SHE Director, through the Head of Health & Safety, the successful candidate will provide help and advice to all Interior Fit-Out schemes within GB.
The post holder should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with the site teams and business units to ensure effective relationships are established.
The role involves considerable travel and nights away from home and the successful candidate must be prepared to travel to multiple sites on a weekly basis. An attractive remuneration package is available including an appropriate car allowance.
This is a significant role within the Company as we continue to endeavour to keep the workforce free from injury and ill health, help the Company meet our agreed objectives and targets, and to ensure ongoing compliance with current H&S and Environmental legislation.
Job Description (includes but not limited to):-
- Co-ordinate health and safety and environmental performance
- Advise management & staff on safety, health & environmental matters
- Conduct site health, safety & environmental compliance audits
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes
- Review, draft and deliver (where relevant) induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings
- Review company and subcontractors paperwork for improvements and compliance
- Prepare information for regular departmental bulletins
- Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos
- Assist in the preparation of construction phase plans
- Assist in the preparation of site Health & Safety packs
- Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions if required
- Assist with applications for waste exemptions and registration of sites if required
- Be instrumental in encouraging reporting of safety observations
- Lead by example
- Formal H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate as a minimum
- Holder of CSCS / CSR / Safepass card or proven equivalent
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation
- Sound understanding of construction processes in relation to fit-out schemes
- Minimum of three years’ H&S experience in construction or construction related discipline
- Understanding of relevant environmental legislation
- Demonstrate strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
- Awareness of the relevant H&S management standards (18001 / HSG65 / etc)
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel
- Awareness of cultural/ behavioural safety approaches to successful H&S management
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Member of a professional association (IOSH/ IIRSM/ APS or equivalent at Grad or Associate
- Experience gained from working directly on or with site teams in a Fit Out construction environment
- Detailed knowledge of the relevant environmental systems and standards (14001, etc)
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.