Opportunity has arisen to join an industry leader in UK’s Building Services sector. Our client is looking to appoint a Quantity Surveyor to continue growing and supporting their Commercial department at Head Quarters in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a forward-thinking candidate who is keen for career progression.
- Be responsible for securing the successful financial delivery of projects by controlling costs, progressing monthly valuations and managing variations and change orders.
- Liaising with contracts, estimating and pre-construction teams to obtain full understanding of each project scope.
- Assist in the review of our own contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Review and set out project package allowances prior to handover for tendering of works by operations team.
- Review & collate subcontractor package awards.
- Engage Sub-contractors, handle negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents.
- Review and interrogate new and existing contracts, orders and suppliers to ensure associated terms and conditions are relevant and acceptable.
- Update monthly WIP across all active projects.
- Track & maintain monthly job performance reporting and feedback the same to Commercial Manager.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in- progress reviews and follow up to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Vette and process monthly subcontractor payments.
- Compile monthly progress reports for both the Contracts team & Commercial Manager.
- Attend monthly commercial meetings to provide update on any ongoing contract specific negotiations and overall job performance.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Third level qualification in a Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar Commercial role.
- Commercially astute and ambitious.
- Strong contractual knowledge.
- High standard of organisational and time management skills.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communication & negotiation skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent client engagement skills.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.