Our client is a modern and successful kitchen manufacturer based in Antrim.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they now require a full time Quality Manager to be based at their purpose built warehouse in Co.Antrim.
Reporting to the General Manager of Distribution the successful candidate will be responsible for the Quality and Health and Safety standards in the company. This is a hands-on QHS role within an SME industrial and as Quality, Health & Safety Manager you will have full responsibility for the successful development of the Quality and Health & Safety department and the organisation will be looking to you to lead and develop this function.
- Coordinating activities required to meet and maintain ISO 9001 standard
- Ensure that safe practices and procedures are followed by all personnel, by working with all departments
- Manage the systems including maintaining and controlling a proactive site document system, conducting internal audits to measure compliance and identifying areas for improvement
- Produce data and reports on performance
- Ensure that key suppliers are meeting the requirements of the purchasing specifications and enforce compliance
- Maintain and control an effective calibration system
- Lead and Collaborate with staff on continuous improvement directives
- Coordinate customer audits, compliance and responses required due to customer audits
- Conduct root cause analysis to determine reasons for unstable processes that create product variances and develop corrective actions to combat them
- Agree on corrective actions relating to internal and external quality complaints and issues
- Manage and instruct the quality control team – responsible for three quality officers
Health & Safety:
- Carrying out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced
- Outlining safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards
- To carry out audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health and Safety systems and procedures, and identify and implement improvements
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Making changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation
- Preparing health and safety strategies and further developing internal policy
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Recording of incidents and accidents and producing statistics for managers
- Conduct accident investigations and implementation of corrective measures from reports
- Being up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the industry
- Producing management reports, newsletters and bulletins
- Ensuring the safe installation of equipment
- Advising on a range of areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases
- Degree educated – internal auditing / Lead/External Audit ISO 9001:2015 certified
- NEBOSH National General Certificate or diploma is highly desirable
- Experience with ISO 9001:2015 is essential
- Hands-on experience within a manufacturing and/or FMCG environment is essential
- Hands-on and proactive approach
- Results orientated
- Computer literate
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.