Our client has been established for 15 years they have a growing reputation within the interior fit out market throughout the UK & Ireland. An excellent opportunity exists for a Quantity Surveyor with 2-3 years+ experience to join the team based in Co. Antrim.
About the Role:
- Be involved in closing out contractual negotiations with Clients, including collateral warranties, guarantees & bonds; with the objective of optimising contract conditions and mitigating the company's exposure to risk
- Provide assistance to operations staff in validating tenders and preparing cost plans
- Prepare and arrange internal project start-up meetings and provide strong commercial support & advice to the Project Manager, the wider Project Delivery Team and Managers & Directors of the company
- Provide effective commercial management of subcontractors and where appropriate key suppliers, supporting the enquiry & procurement process as well as on-site management
- As part of the Project Delivery Team, ensure good contract administration & change management in line with project-specific contracts with its Client and any Subcontractors
- Ensure accurate monthly valuations (including of all variations & claims) & final account projections are submitted and followed up with Clients, to optimise revenue and cash-flow
- Provide accurate & comprehensive monthly financial reporting and forecasting on specific projects in compliance with company procedures and timescales
- Administer & manage the swift finalisation of accounts with Clients & any Subcontractors, including the provision of information required to support this
- Support business-to-business relationships with key Clients, key Suppliers and Subcontractors alike
About the Candidate:
- Team player, with drive
- Fully familiar with the MSOffice suite, with excellent Excel skills & good general keyboard skills
- Highly Numerate with an ability to read, understand and if necessary draft amendments to contract documents
- Basic knowledge & understanding of common UK construction & engineering contracts and Fit out
- A natural communicator & proven negotiator
- Appropriate formal qualifications / education and a desire to develop personal skills and capabilities
Points of Appeal:
- Growing Company
- Close-knit working environment
- Strong staff retention
- Interesting & high-end projects
- Flexible Working
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.