Project Cost Manager
Cork (Site based + Work from home)
Minimum 3 Years experience
Full-Time / Permanent
Our client is currently working on a nationwide series of Public Lighting Energy Efficiency Projects
(PLEEP) to be delivered via 3no regional contracts (SouthWest, Eastern and North-West) using
the NEC4 collaborative form of design-build contract.
We are currently recruiting Project Cost Managers for the initial Public Lighting Upgrade Projects
- South-West Region based in Cork. The successful candidate shall be predominantly site-based
and shall report to the RPS Senior Cost Manager. The Project Cost Manager, together with the
Senior Cost Manager, shall support the NEC Project Manager by providing all necessary
commercial support and advice.
· The assessment and verification of the Contractor’s Defined Cost, both forecast and
incurred for the purposes of payment and monitoring against the target Price. This will
include meeting and co-operating with the Contractor to agree on forecasts and payment
· Carry out regular validation exercises on the Contractor’s accounts and records in order
to verify that the Contractor’s Defined Cost is compliant with the Schedule of Cost
· Assist the Senior Cost Manager in advising the NEC Project Manager, Consultant(s) and
Client on the status of the likely ‘pain/gain’ share against the target on a monthly basis.
· Predominantly full-time site attendance for all contract stages in order to obtain and verify
such records required to validate the Defined Cost.
· Review and assess all compensation event quotations submitted by the Contractor and
advise the NEC Project Manager on compliance with the contract and commercial
· Attend early warning meetings and advise on likely cost implications
· Input into the production of the Risk Register when requested.
· Budget monitoring and reporting.
· Measuring, monitoring, and forecasting cost status and performance including Earned
Value on the project.
· Critically review and interrogate cost reports to detect problems and identify potential root
causes, including recovery plans and measures to mitigate cost issues.
· Effectively communicating costs, reporting and findings to the NEC Project Manager and
across the project team and to senior management as applicable.
· Liaison with internal stakeholders, Project Managers, Clients, third-party Consultants,
Contractors etc as appropriate and maintaining collaborative relationships.
· Provision of specific assistance to Project Managers when required to drive commercial
performance and ensure successful project delivery.
· Analysis of project cost and budget data for trending, identifying lessons learned and
disseminating findings as system improvements.
Qualifications and Experience
· Relevant Degree / higher diploma / Qualification in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management
· Minimum of 3 years experience in Cost Management and cost control across projects of varying sizes and values
· Experience as a QS / Cost Manager during stages 4 to 5 of a construction project (beneficial) worth €5m+
· Chartered Status (Desirable)
· Previous NEC experience (Desirable)
Skills / Competencies
· Cost Management
· Attention to Detail
· Computer Skills
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Technical proficiency in project cost control
· Strong knowledge in total cost management
· Understanding of Earned Value Management (EVM) in measuring and monitoring
· String analytical skills
· Proven track record in dealing with complex cost management issues
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.