PRODUCT DESIGN ENGINEER
• A strong track record within a similar role in a manufacturing environment (6 years +)
• Relevant 3rd level education
• Effective communication, team working and mentoring skills
• Working knowledge of product design, dfma and product PMV
• Excellent IT skills (Microsoft office), report writing skills and presentation skills
• Demonstrate working knowledge of design software, eg Revit, Autodesk, ArchiCad or similar
• A good understanding of assembly operations and how effective design can contribute to improved throughput and quality assemblies
• An understanding of manufacturing and installation tolerances & buildability
• Experience within modular manufacturing
• Experience within the construction industry or related industry.
• Experience leading and mentoring within the context of a companywide talent development programme.
Qualifications & Training
• Degree or other relevant third level education in manufacturing or construction management or related subject (preferred but not essential)
Reporting to the Innovation and Compliance Manager, the Product Design Engineer will be responsible for helping drive design improvement at the Company’s offsite manufacturing facility. This will involve collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure typical architectural design details can be manufactured and considered for a factory environment.
· Ensure that the top-level designs are suitable for manufacture
• Evaluate and suggest design changes to ensure the product is efficient to assemble and consider the whole range of associated costs.
• Work closely with Designers/Architectural technologists to optimise designs for manufacturing and assembly.
• Organise, manage, record and analyse the manufacturing of prototypes.
• Monitor and assess the performance of new designs during introduction periods in the factory and on site.
• Evaluate designs from a standardisation perspective and intuitively recognise where savings in material, time and quality can attained.
• A key link bringing together the offsite, architectural, and manufacturing teams’ objectives with an overall best for business approach.
• Ensure day-to-day tasks align positively with the factory’s key objectives.
• Attend architectural workshops and represent manufacturing requirements early in the design process to enable more cost-effective solutions.
• Identify components across a range of products that could be standardised. Present and prepare documentation highlighting the benefits to the business.
• Produce technical drawings and details to support manufacturing.
• Develop and suggest innovative ideas and solutions with evidence to back up their adoption in a manufacturing environment.
• Work with the wider McAvoy Team to effectively represent and grow the business and contribute to the culture of innovation and continuous improvement
• Promote and ensure a safe working environment, ensuring compliance with SHE Policies and Procedures
• Carry out other duties that are consistent with the job holder’s knowledge and skills to assist the company in achieving its goals and objectives
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.