Procurement Surveyor - Construction
Location: County Down
Department: Buying / Procurement
Level: 5+ Years (Negotiable)
Company: Building Contractor
Based in County Down, our client have a new requirement for a Surveyor to join their Procurement / Buying department to help procuring subcontractors and materials for projects valued up to £40m. You will be joining a largely successful contractor as they continue to win more work into the foreseeable future, and they are interviewing candidates straight away.
In your new role you will be responsible for:
· Development of sub-contractor works packages
· Consulting and liaising with project management teams both pre and post contract
· Developing a project procurement strategy
· Adhering to the supply chain management and procurement policies
· Implementing approved tender lists
· Maintaining project procurement schedules
· Tender enquiry management
· Recommendations for best value procurement
· Placing sub-contractors orders and management of subby execution process
· Handling of pre and post contract projects
Skills that may help with the role:
· Sound understanding of construction process
· Good understanding of procurement procedures
· Some understanding of standard construction forms of contracts
· Negotiation and communication skills are a must
· Strong strategy development skills
· Ability to provide the best value for clients
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.