This market leading company provide a comprehensive range of building services and are currently experiencing exceptional growth. Due to this they now seek a Mechanical Estimator to join the team and become a fundamental part of the future success and excellence of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out outline design proposals for the purposes of costing on design and build contracts.
- Carrying out estimating duties from raising tender enquiries to holding final tender adjudications.
- Identifying value engineering solutions to create a commercial advantage over competitors.
- Identifying potential risks and proposing mitigating solutions.
- To be able to interface with the client and their design team.
- Production of cost plans from conceptual design drawings.
- To work unassisted on tenders within the allotted timescales from receipt to delivery.
- Sending out enquiries for all required materials and liaising with specialist sub-contractors to ensure compliance with the tender documents.
- Preparing offer letters detailing tender qualifications and particulars.
- Submitting tenders for a review meeting.
- Carryout site surveys / visits as required to support the estimation process.
- Form relationships with suppliers / manufacturers and sub-contractors ensuring cost competitiveness without effect on performance or quality.
- Development of standardised estimation processes for the business, to streamline the production of accurate, detailed quotations and accompanying schedule of rates.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
- IT literate and fully proficient - good working knowledge of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Previous experience as a Building Services Estimator with a Mechanical Contractor.
- Experience in compiling multi-discipline M&E tenders.
- HNC or equivalent qualification or experience in Mechanical, Building Services or Construction.
- Valid full UK drivers’ licence.
A competitive salary & remuneration package will be on offer.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.