Our client is a well-established M&E Contractor seeks to appoint a Mechanical Estimator. Working closely with Commercial department you will be involved in numerous projects, having the flexibility to work at Co. Antrim/Tyrone office. Reporting to the Estimating Manager, you will be responsible for estimating on new build commercial/ industrial projects within NI, ROI and mainland UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for detailed mechanical take offs for a variety of projects from high level cost plans/budgets, design & build & fully designed.
- Taking tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secured.
- Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
- Understand and analyse mechanical drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
- Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
- Identify valued engineering options & any risks during the tender bid period.
- Build relationships with our customers to promote repeat business.
- Excellent attention to detail & communication skills.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a mechanical estimating role
- Be able to demonstrate a sound mechanical technical knowledge
- Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
- Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
- Be able to express ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication.
- Work well and confidently as part of a team in a busy estimating environment.
- Remuneration package will be competitive.
- A competitive package with a range of benefits and the opportunity to make a real difference to the environment.
- Flexitime and consider flexible working patterns helping you achieve a positive work life balance.
- Fantastic training both in house and outsourced.
- Private Health Scheme.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.