CSR is working with a client in Belfast who has a live vacancy for a Quantity Surveyor to take responsibility for the commercial management of projects plus main task as identified below:
- The measurement and valuation of contract works.
- Liaise with Main Contractor / Clients Quantity Surveyor on financial matters.
- Report to the Senior Surveyor, on the commercial status of the project.
- Preparation of monthly contract reviews reporting any financial movements.
- Ensuring all records are in place to support contract obligations.
- Maintain accurate records of claims prepared, payment certificate and retentions.
- Monitor all commercial information as prelims, labour, plant, material cost forecasting.
- Carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs.
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives.
- Prepare fully substantiated interim and final account submissions.
- Assist in commercial negotiations, Cost to Completion forecast and cash forecasts.
- Ensure Sub-contract and key Supply Orders are issued and agreed in accordance with the terms and conditions and prior to Sub-contractor’s commencement.
- Attend commercial and site progress meetings.
- Assist Project Managers and site team with contractual advice where and when required.
- A postgraduate qualification in Quantity Surveying
- 5 years’ experience in similar role on M&E projects
- Previous experience working on £2.5-£10M projects
- Experience with JCT & NEC suite of contracts
- Competent with Microsoft Office Package
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
- Open to UK travel
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.