Junior SHEQ Advisor
As a Junior SHEQ Advisor you will work in all aspects of delivery of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
This will include, but not limited to, undertaking audits and inspections, developing operating procedures, preparing reports and statistics, delivering presentations as well as providing advice and guidance to employees and sub-contractors. (See Key Responsibilities below).
The role will be a mix between office based and travel to sites across UK and Ireland.
• Undertake regular site SHEQ inspections and audits in keeping with an agreed programme in all operating regions and report accordingly.
• Investigate and report on incidents, dangerous occurrences, ill health and near misses.
• Prepare and present relevant statistics.
• Advise and assist site and office-based staff on all aspects of the Company’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems and procedures.
• Source, plan and deliver training to employees as required to recognised/ acceptable standards.
• Continual promotion of the health and safety ethos and culture at all levels in the Company and with sub-contractors.
• Assist in the preparation of Health and Safety Plans and RAMS for contract sites with assistance from site staff.
• Assist in the preparation tender pre-qualification questionnaires and contribute to quality submissions.
• Assess competence of sub-contractors.
• Attend and contribute to health and safety meetings at site and Company level.
• Contribute to and develop appropriate health and safety, as well as environmental initiatives as required by the SHEQ Manager.
• Prepare and distribute regular health and safety alerts as required via Toolbox Talks.
• Contribute to the development of operating procedures and other aspects of the Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality Management Systems.
• At least 3 years’ experience preferably in a construction health and safety/environmental & quality related role.
• Previous experience of ISO 9001, 45001 & 14001
• Previous experience with Constructionline.
• Experienced in the production of RAMS and COSHH Assessments.
• Good IT skills.
• Experience in delivering presentations/training sessions.
• Experience of health and safety, environmental, energy and quality management systems.
• Team player.
• Ability to prioritise.
• Ability to meet deadlines
What you will get in return
• Group pension
• Private Health Insurance
• Free onsite parking
• Training and progression opportunities
• Family run and well established, secure company (trading over 40 years)
• Open door policy
• Employee Referral scheme
• Team Bonding Events
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.