We are seeking a Junior Safety Advisor for our residential/commercial projects based in Dublin. The role will report to the Project Site Manager and will be responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety in accordance with our policies and relevant statutory provisions. The Safety Officer must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of Health & Safety are adopted onsite.
- Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System
- Ensuring that a record of statutory inspections is kept for all activities and plant equipment
- Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority and conducting inspector site visits as required
- Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new on-site employees and contractors
- Managing and recommending PPE for on-site employees
- Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc.
- Organising and chairing site Safety Meetings
- Reviewing sub-contractors' Safety Statements and Safety Compliance
- Assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements
- Maintaining and communicating site Emergency Plans
- Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping Group Safety Manager updated
- Ensuring First Aiders are available and that all necessary supplies and certificates are maintained
- Collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File in preparation for handover to the Client
You will need
- Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential
- 1 years on site Safety Officer experience, ideally in construction
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the construction industry
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.