Role: Junior Accounts Assistant
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Hours: 8.30 A.M. TO 5.00 P.M. MON TO THU 8.00 A.M. TO 1.30 P.M. FRI
Duties & Responsibilities within position (but not confined to)-
- Checking, processing and entering of invoices to the purchase ledger on a daily basis
- Following up queries with other departments and site personnel to ensure invoices are fully posted on a daily basis
- Contacting suppliers re any queries and requesting credit notes etc.
- Assisting with reconciling supplier statements on a monthly basis
- Assisting with the monthly supplier BACS payments as required
- Assisting with the checking and processing of Company Expense/Mileage/Credit card claims
- Assisting with processing subcontract payments as required
- Archiving accounting files as required
- Organising outgoing post and opening of post when requested
- Any other duties as requested by the Accountant or Financial Controller
Duties & Responsibilities within Company (but not confined to)-
- Start work in a timely manner and be appropriately dressed for working in an office environment
- Be aware and adhere to Health & Safety in the workplace and report any concerns regarding Health & Safety to the H&S Officer
- To maintain confidentiality within the accounting department as appropriate
Measure of performance-
- Speed and accuracy in all areas of work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to deal with suppliers to sort out queries on a timely basis
- Telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise work to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working in accounts
- GCSE Maths & English (A-C)
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Rachel Gough at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.