Role: Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
Salary: £40,000 (DOE)
Location: Co. Down
A specialist Contractor based in Co. Down has a new requirement for a Quantity Surveyor to join the organisation.
This highly respected and employee focused company wishes to employ a surveyor with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Responsibilities of role:
- The Intermediate Quantity Surveyor will be responsible for helping to successfully control project cost to ensure financial delivery of projects.
- Build, manage & maintain relationships with clients, contractors, other construction professionals, suppliers and site staff.
- Help to maintain financial control of projects including monthly valuations, job costing reviews and final accounts.
- Assist in the commercial activities of the business and provide support/advice in this regard to the Projects Managers as required.
- Prepare on-time monthly valuations following site measurements and work-in-progress reviews.
- Follow up monthly valuations to make sure that payments are received on time as per the agreed contract conditions.
- Complete and submit project documentation and correspondence within agreed timeframes.
- Process monthly subcontractor payments.
- Review contracts ahead of signing – highlighting any potential issues, assumptions and caveats.
- Develop and implement robust processes and controls to increase efficiency and improve performance.
- Engage Sub-contractors, handle negotiations, prepare sub-contract documents
- Compile monthly progress reports for both the Contracts team & Commercial Manager.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position.
- Third level qualification in Quantity Surveying.
- At least three - five year's post graduate quantity surveying experience
- Ability to manage multiple contracts from inception to final account stage.
- Ability to work alone & as part of a team.
- Strong contractual knowledge of both JCT and NEC Forms of Contract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Proven record of delivering on-time quality work within budget and with minimal supervision.
- Full UK driving license.
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Annual Health Check
- 30 days Annual Leave
In return for your commitment, you will receive a generous remuneration package to include Salary Package and Additional Benefits.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.