Working on behalf of our client, a medium sized NI only contractor, CSR are seeking to recruit an ambitious Health and Safety Officer who has demonstrable experience of working within the Construction sector. This is a NI Based opportunity working on site in Belfast.
Package £30k - £35k (potentially up to £40k DOE)
Duties will include:
· Ensure the company remains compliant with new and existing H&S legislation
· Carry out site inspections and audits to assess compliance
· Prepare risk assessment, method statement for all utilities associated works.
· Work with Contracts Managers, Administrators and Field Teams to ensure they have the timely, accurate issue of documentation prior to commencing works
· Attend training meetings and workshops, helping to prepare behavioural programmes
· Support further development to our existing H&S systems.
· Incorporate any necessary changes into templates and base documents
· Help reduce the number of H&S incidents to zero accidents
· Other tasks as set and deemed appropriate by the company HSEQ Manager
Knowledge and Experience:
· Two years’ + experience in a similar role with an increase in levels of responsibility Demonstrate continual professional development; keeping up to date with new Health and Safety legislation.
· Broad understanding and experience of Health & Safety and Environmental Legislation and Codes of Practice.
· Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
· Ability to prioritise workload and balance demands from numerous sources.
· Previous experience working in a fit-out environment would be beneficial.
· NEBOSH or equivalent (essential)
· University Degree (preferable)
· Driving Licence
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.