Our client, an M&E and renewables company, are currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager to join their team. The successful candidate will be based out of their head office in greater Belfast.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring sites are fully compliant with all Health & Safety legislation requirements relevant to our industry
- Support each of the business units with best practice
- Organise and chair all HSEQ Meetings and prepare monthly Health and Safety performance reports to present to the Senior Management Team
- Ensure company Accreditations and contractual compliance is maintained for Health and Safety
- Responsible for the maintenance of Group Health & Safety management systems across the group
- Work with Business Partners to implement the Health & Safety strategy incorporating education, culture, compliance and setting and improving behaviours and standards
- Management of maintaining and continuous improvement of all Health & Safety policies ensuring that local legislation requirements are met by keeping up to date with legislation across all jurisdictions
- Responsible for the maintenance of Group Health & Safety training matrix’s
- Prepare necessary paperwork for projects such as Construction Phase Plans, RAMS etc.
- Support and develop the Health and Safety team
- Work in partnership with HR to ensure all Health & Safety training and education is implemented
- Management of Health & Safety compliance schedule, internal audits and inspections
- Undertaking a variety of administrative tasks
- Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by management
Skills & Experience
- 5 years’ experience in Health & Safety at a senior management level in a construction environment preferably across multi -site environments.
- Membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational H&S
- IOSH Managing Safety for Construction Managers.
- Knowledge of H&S Legislation for UK & Ireland
- Experience of chairing Health & safety meetings at Group level
- Well-rounded understanding of UK health & safety legislation.
- Excellent organisational and follow-up skills; competent in problem solving, and decision making to support the business units.
- Experience of management of a Health & Safety team in a large organisation within an agile environment.
- Experience in Accident Investigation
- Experience of Microsoft Office Software
- Excellent attention to detail
- UK Driving Licence
- Degree in Safety management
- ISO Auditor
- Extensive knowledge of H&S protocols
- Working at Heights – Train the trainer experience
- Experience of internal & external auditing
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.