Our Client, a UK wide, NI based leading Building and Civil engineering contractor, are currently looking to employ an experienced and ambitious Health & Safety Manager on site in Glasgow
Project Value £50million
Reinforced concrete commercial build
Good competitive packages available for the right candidates
£35 -40K DOE
Fixed Term Contract 6 months
The Health & Safety Manager reports directly to the SHEQ Director and will liaise with the Project Manager and site team and is responsible for advising on overall compliance in matters of Health & Safety on site in accordance with Company policy and relevant statutory provisions. The Health & Safety Manager must lead by example and serve as a role model in mobilising the team and ensuring the highest standards of health & safety are adopted throughout.
· Conducting regular, formal site audits and carrying out inspections as directed in the Safety Management System;
· Ensuring that record of statutory inspections are kept for all activities and plant equipment;
· Delivering and completing statutory notifications to the Health & Safety Authority for the project and all incident / accident reporting and to conduct inspector site visits as required by the Health & Safety Authority;
· Delivering Health & Safety induction programmes for new employees or contractors working on site;
· Managing and making recommendations for Personal Protection Equipment required for the Client’s Employees;
· Assisting Site Management in compiling cost records and forecasts for all issues associated with Health & Safety including, but not limited to, contra charges, training, purchases, etc;
· Organising and chairing the Safety Meetings for the client and Sub-Contractors personnel;
· Ensuring sub-contractor safety statements and required Method statements are available on site and assess sub-contractor statements and method statements, assisting where required;
· Advising / assisting Site Management in drafting and communicating Method Statements;
· Compiling, updating and communication site Emergency Plans
· Conducting preliminary accident investigations and statutory notifications, while keeping the SHEQ Director and Site Manager updated;
· Making sure First Aiders are available, that an adequate quantity of First Aid supplies is in stock and that all relevant Certs are updated;
· Collecting and collating relevant information for inclusion in the Safety File and preparing for handover to the Client at the end of the project.
· Health and Safety Cert, Diploma or Degree is essential (NEBOSH)
· With 2/3+ years’ experience in the construction industry.
· Previous experience managing safety on a similar project
· Excellent communication, leadership, training and presentation skills.
This is an exciting opportunity to gain invaluable experience with a UK wide contractor on a multi-million pound project. It is vital that you are committed to a site based role.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.