The CSR Group are currently seeking to recruit a Site-Based Health & Safety Advisor in Birmingham.
Our client is a UK wide Construction Main Contractor, and the successful candidate will be based on a large RC frame project near the city centre.
The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining accurate records, identifying potential hazards, conducting safety inspections, and training employees on safety procedures. The role requires an individual with excellent communication skills, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work in a team.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all health and safety incidents, accidents, and near misses
· Conduct regular safety inspections and risk assessments to identify potential hazards
· Ensure all workers and visitors receive appropriate safety induction and training
· Work collaboratively with the site management team to develop and implement health and safety policies and procedures
· Provide support and guidance to site workers on health and safety matters
· Investigate any health and safety incidents and near-misses, and provide reports and recommendations for corrective action
· Monitor the site's compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, regulations, and company policies
· Coordinate and conduct regular emergency drills and evacuation procedures
· Participate in the development and implementation of health and safety campaigns and initiatives
· Proven experience as a Health & Safety Advisor or a related role
· Strong knowledge of health and safety legislation, regulations, and best practices
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to identify potential hazards
· The ability to work collaboratively with a team and independently
· Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to think creatively to find solutions
· Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
· A qualification in Health & Safety or a related field is highly desirable (NEBOSH)
If you have a passion for health and safety, excellent organizational skills, and a desire to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.