Our client is medium sized civils specialist contractor who are currently looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic Health and Safety Advisor based in Middlesbrough.
Reporting to Director level, the successful candidate will be site based and integrate with the delivery teams to provide help and advice to all Construction operations.
This is a significant role within the Company as they continue to endeavour to keep the workforce free from injury and ill health, help the Company meet our agreed objectives and targets, and to ensure on-going compliance with current HSEQ legislation.
This is a permanent role, and the package will be between £40k - £45k + DOE
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Co-ordinate health and safety and environmental performance in the regions listed
· Advise management & staff on safety, health & environmental matters
· Conduct site health, safety & environmental audits and assist with any rectifications needed
· Investigate accidents and incidents
· Assist with developing and/or delivering relevant training programmes
· Review, draft and deliver (where relevant) induction programmes, tool-box talks and briefings
· Review company and subcontractors paperwork for improvements and compliance
· Prepare information for regular departmental bulletins
· Prepare legislation updates and advisory memos
· Assist in the preparation of Construction Phase and Environmental Management Plans
· Assist in the preparation of site Health & Safety and Environmental packs
· Assist with responses to PQQ, Bid, and tender questions if required
· Assist with applications for waste exemptions and registration of sites if required
· Be instrumental in encouraging reporting of safety observations
Essential candidate criteria;
· Formal H&S qualification e.g. NEBOSH General Certificate / Construction Certificate as a minimum
· Holder of CSCS / CSR / Safepass card or proven equivalent
· Preferably a member of a professional association (IOSH/ IIRSM/ APS or equivalent at Grad or Associate as a minimum)
· Demonstrable knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation for the region
· Sound understanding of construction processes – especially civil engineering
· Minimum of three years’ dedicated H&S experience in construction or construction related discipline
· Preferably a formal Environmental qualification e.g. IEMA or equivalent
· Understanding of environmental legislation for the region
· Demonstrate strong communication, numeracy and literacy skills
· Awareness and familiarisation with the relevant management standards (18001 / 14001/ HSG65 / etc) Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Word and Excel
· Awareness of behavioural safety approaches to successful H&S management
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.