Due to strong company & department growth and expansion, our client is currently looking to integrate a Head of Estimating to support our growing Commercial Team at our Head Quarters in Banbridge. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
The candidate will be responsible for leading a team of estimators to generate detailed mechanical take-offs for turnkey commercial projects which will involve liaising with a wide range of suppliers to obtain accurate quotations for specialist equipment.
The department is responsible for estimating a wide range of commercial and industrial applications, from bespoke M&E plantrooms, to risers, laterals & prefabricated solutions.
You will be the go-to person for anything relating to estimating and play an essential part in the Commercial Team responsible for accurate bid winning costings across Residential, Commercial, Pharma & Data Centre sectors.
Responsibilities of role:
- Be the go-to person for all things estimating within the department and take ownership of department priorities and resourcing.
- Direct and assist estimating team of currently 3 people in their day-to-day activities.
- Lead the streamlining of estimating activities within the company and drive the team to continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Senior team to discuss estimating opportunities and viability of client requests.
- Ability to read & review schematics & designs to call what the scope of estimate will be and how a job will be estimated.
- Ability to complete detailed take offs from schematics & 3-D designs and collate into material & labour costs will be essential to review team members estimates.
- Ability to learn, operate and manage existing Ensign estimating software package to ensure accurate costs are prepared for all new projects.
- Analysis and estimation of value engineering opportunities to ensure bids are competitive.
- Early client engagement to review scope and then prepare, issue and follow through to negotiation stage of AH bids alongside the senior team.
- Lead the preparation of handover pack & attend internal post award meetings for successful projects to discuss and review breakdown of estimate with delivery team.
- Lead the formatting of awarded project budgets as part of handover to operations team.
- Be the go-to person within estimating for reviewing and understanding job performance reports (CVR’s) for ongoing and completed works to ensure continuous improvement of departmental rates and job costing assumptions.
- Lead on the review and understanding of job performance challenges by liaising with Commercial & Contracts teams to ensure team of estimators are always pricing works in line with how we are delivering them.
- Third level qualification in a Surveying or Cost Engineering discipline or can demonstrate an equivalent level of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a senior estimating management/commercial role, ideally within the M&E sector
- Commercially astute and ambitious
- High standard of organisational and time management skills.
- Sound knowledge of general construction methods.
- Working knowledge of labour, plant, materials and equipment rates.
- High level of IT literacy, especially in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Good communication skills.
- Management experience
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.