The CSR Group has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Environment and Sustainability to join one of the market leaders in NI Construction.
As a member of our clients SHEQ Leadership Team, the successful candidate will lead a team to drive the sustainability performance of the business, ensuring efficient support levels to meet and where possible exceed operational requirements. The Head of Environment & Sustainability will play a pivotal role in helping it to make a positive difference to our people, the environment and the communities in which our client operate.
As Head of Environment and Sustainability, your responsibilities will include:-
· Assist with the implementation, management and continual improvement of the company’s Integrated Management System (IMS) ensuring ongoing certification to ISO14001, ISO14064 & ISO50001;
· Drive the clients Net Zero strategy; evaluate, prioritise and articulate initiatives that will be most effective in meeting their environmental & sustainability targets;
· Development and implement policies and strategies to reduce energy consumption and cut the clients carbon emissions across the Group;
· Lead the development and implementation of policies and practices to reduce waste generation, use of natural resources and driving down the clients reliance on plastics;
· Engage and develop relationships with key external stakeholders e.g. clients and industry bodies;
· As the lead expert for the Environment & Sustainability, keep up to date with changes in regulation, governance and best practice, and ensure these are communicated and embedded in working practices and day-to-day operations;
· Provide technical expertise and build relationships with all of the clients employees across all functions at multiple levels, influencing and guiding them in respect to the environmental and sustainability agenda, strategies, and actions;
· Liaise with regulatory bodies and others to ensure environmental compliance and sustainability standards are applied ensuring current energy and carbon legislation and policy obligations are met;
· Educate and support the clients supply chain to enable them to align their policies and strategies to mirror their own;
· Support Pre-Construction to develop bid winning sustainability strategies;
· Manage the sustainability performance of the Group through the development and business wide use of the sustainability project and KPIs;
· Driving a culture of continuous improvement in the Group’s approach to and achievement of environmental and sustainability compliance and management across all of their operations.
· Chartered Environmentalist with Full Membership of IEMA or equivalent.
The applicant will be able to demonstrate the following key skills & competencies:
· Demonstrable experience managing a successful team;
· Demonstrable experience of successful project planning / delivery and resource utilisation;
· Previous experience and track record of delivery in sustainability, change management and leadership in a commercial business environment;
· Good IT skills; including familiarity with a range of applications;
· Organisational and time management skills;
· Be a good communicator with people at all levels of the organisation;
· 3+ years of relevant experience working in a similar role (preferably in the construction industry).
The post will require some travel between the companies offices and can be based in either the clients Belfast or Glasgow office.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.