Our Client is a market leader in the design, supply and installation of a wide range of Pre-Fabricated energy solutions.
They are currently looking to fill the role of HSEQ Officer to support their growing Health & Safety Team in their head office in Mid-Down. This post is a permanent contract and offers an amazing opportunity for a candidate who wants to gain experience with a progressive and dynamic company.
General assistance and support to the HSEQ Manager and department, ensuring safe practice, quality & environmental compliance on all sites controlled by the client in liaison with site teams and relevant staff.
Responsibilities of role:
· Provide support and assistance to the HSEQ Manager.
· Carry out HSEQ monitoring activities and site inspections at the company’s various locations.
· Assist with ISO Management, Internal & external audits, produce audit reports and follow up any actions.
· Liaise closely with the site teams on any HSEQ issue and manage accordingly.
· Assist with supplier/sub-contractor management.
· Assist with LOLER & PUWER compliance.
· Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health and follow up any actions.
· Assist in the identification of need and preparation of risk assessments, COSHH assessments and ensure effective communication.
· Deliver regular toolbox talks.
· Review and record checks on all fire exits, fire equipment, and fire signs.
· Ensure adequate supplies of safety signage.
· Review and record First Aid and spill kit provision across all sites.
· Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation.
· Assist in identifying potential hazards and determining ways of reducing risks.
· Familiarise with the day – to day functions of the department and organise yourself.
· Become aware of the functions of other members of staff in the department as they affect your work.
· To attend necessary meetings as required.
· To undertake assigned work in a professional and efficient way, in compliance with current HSE legislation, regulatory requirements and the company’s Integrated Management Systems.
· To communicate in a professional, helpful and non-prejudicial manner in all your dealings with clients and customers as you will be regarded as a representative of your department and the Company, and you should behave accordingly.
· To behave in a professional manner and always cooperate with all other members of staff.
· To maintain high standards of work within your department.
· Other duties as assigned by the HSEQ Manager.
· To participate in an Annual Joint Review.
The above list is not exhaustive and additional tasks maybe required as directed.
· NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety.
· Proven HSE experience for a minimum of 2 years.
· Excellent organisational and planning skills.
· Ability to influence change and challenge those who flaunt H&S rules and guidance.
· Excellent communication skills both verbal and written and ability to deal with clients & internal staff.
· Rigorous attention to detail.
· Ability to work under pressure on own initiatives to achieve self and team targets
· Excellent IT Skills – MS Office crucial
· IOSH Membership to at least Graduate Other NEBOSH Certificate levels e.g. Fire
· ISO Knowledge (9001, 14001 OHSAS18001)
· RSA Word Processing Stage 2 or above
· High level of Excel Experience
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.