Our client is a Main contractor who are currently looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic HSEQ Manager for an NI based role.
Based out of the companies Head Office in Belfast, the post holder should have a proactive and enthusiastic attitude and be able to interact with the site teams and business units to ensure effective relationships are established. They must be solutions driven and not solely perform an auditing role.
This is a permanent role, and the package will be between £45k - £50k DOE
There may be a degree of flexibility in the advertised package for the right candidate; additional benefits include a car/travel allowance, pension, and private medical cover.
Through working in partnership with other business leaders - help shape and deliver effective and value-add HSEQ strategies that meet both the operational needs of the business, and the Group’s governance and assurance requirements
The HSEQ Manager will partner with the Business Unit Director and the management teams to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management to all business unit activities. This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group’s governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership across the business unit on the development of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- Ensure that HSEQ Management systems are in place across the business, including assessment of current systems, amendment, and continuous updating to standards and improvements of HSEQ management systems across the business.
- Implement active and robust HSEQ auditing programme across the business.
- Act as a coach and mentor to operational managers on a broad range of HSEQ issues, supporting them in embedding HSEQ policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide leadership support to operational directors in the investigation and resolution of HSEQ accidents and incidents.
- Prepare reports on Health & Safety matters for the attention of the Managing Director, Directors, Company Boards and HS Committees.
- Maintain a presence at Business Unit (BU) Health and Safety committee meetings and assist them in implementing and developing safety action plans and programmes.
- Review, audit, and co-ordinate the HS, Env, Qty systems in compliance with ISO Standards e.g. HS 45001, Environment 14001, Quality 9001, and Sustainability 50001.
- Inform Management personnel of the proposed changes to statutory Health & Safety legislation and implications of same.
- Support the management of operational bids through leading on the development of HSEQ strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial, and commercial management within the Business unit
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Work with Business unit directors and Human Resources to develop and implement an effective HSEQ training and competency framework.
- Play an active role in the business contributing to the development of HSEQ policy and improvement programmes.
- Provide direction and support for project based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Proactively assess any commercial opportunities for the delivery of fee earning HSEQ services to existing and potential client groups.
Essential candidate criteria:
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Third Level qualification in Civil Engineering or similar related field
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to civil engineering, highways operations and maintenance including traffic management standards, the operation of construction plant & T M equipment.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of ISO 45001,14001,9001,50001 Standards and practical experience in the effective implementation of these ISO standards
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
- Project Management Experience would be desirable.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.