Our Client, a nationwide Utilities and Civils contractor, is recruiting for a new position for the company based in Co. Tyrone.
The position of HSEQ Advisor is now available.
42.5 hours per week
Package £45k + van and fuel card DOE
NI only work
· Development of the HSEQ Management system, in line with OHSAS 18001 (ISO 45001), ISO 9001 and ISO 14001;
· Ensuring compliance with HSEQ statutory duties is achieved;
· Reporting to management on the performance of the management systems and any need for improvement;
· Ensuring the promotion and awareness of customer requirements throughout the organisation;
Key Result Areas;
· To support the delivery of the HSEQ strategy and to assist in achieving continuous improvement in HSEQ performance across all parts of the company;
· To provide assurance to the HSEQ Manager (NI), Head of HSEQ (Ireland) and the Directors, by means of appropriate monitoring and intervention, that operations fulfils its obligations under HSEQ legislation;
· To support the development of the clients culture as the organisation rapidly expands and changes;
· Oversee, monitor and evaluate the operation of HSEQ performance across the region, working with senior management as appropriate;
· To offer competent advice on HSEQ Matters to the company and its staff;
· To ensure that all worksites are fully compliant with legal HSEQ obligations;
· To develop and instigate HSEQ initiatives;
· Ensure continual improvement and develop, in conjunction with the HSEQ Manager (NI), HSEQ targets, objectives and KPI’s.
· Completion of Construction Stage H&S Plans, Pre-Qualification & Tender Documents, Emergency Response Plans etc;
· Development & implementation of HSEQ policies and procedures;
· Approval, monitoring and reviewing of all sub-contractor works;
· Writing risk assessments and method statements;
· Site audits & inspections including external audits for 18001, 14001 & 9001;
· Assisting with Occupational Health issues;
· Assisting with Objectives and Targets to improve company performance including KPI’s;
· Engaging employees for consultation and communication;
· Training – undertaking internal training including inductions, toolbox talks etc;
· Providing advice and assistance to the Contract Managers, Operational Team Leads, Front Line Manager on practical management of site work and HSEQ management systems;
· Reporting directly & promptly to the HSEQ Manager on all matters;
· Producing and implementing HSEQ Procedures, Work Instructions, Forms and other site documentation;
· Reviewing site HSEQ documentation to ensure it meets legal requirements;
· Ensuring records of incidents are maintained and investigations undertaken to establish the root causes and that controls are in place to avoid a reoccurrence;
· Monitor working hours to avoid exceeding the relevant legislation and internal policy;
· Driving continuous improvement and implementing initiatives to promote best practice at all times.
· NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent;
· Preferably NEBSOH Diploma or equivalent;
· Minimum of Graduate Member of IOSH and current CPD;
· Fluent in Microsoft packages;
· Good standard of written English essential.
Knowledge & Experience;
· Relevant experience in HSEQ at the same level with a minimum of 3 years’ experience;
· Previous experience of working in a similar field;
· Good level of education;
· Membership of IOSH;
· A proven track record of developing, implementing and integrating policies;
· An understanding of the regulatory sector and the management of risk;
· Experience of building a strong and consistent culture of safety throughout an organisation.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.