• Driving, operating and maintaining a range of mechanical/electrical equipment and machinery associated with the provision of a grounds maintenance service in a commercial / contractor environment. This will include rotovators, chain saws, grass-cutters, hedge trimmers, strimmer’s, push mowers, ride-on mowers and tractor mounted flail hedge-cutters etc.
• Using a range of handheld equipment and tools associated with the provision of a grounds maintenance service. This will include secateurs, hedge trimmers, rollers, spades, forks, and spraying equipment among others.
• The cutting and edging of hedges and grass using a range of equipment, both handheld and mechanical/electrical.
•The establishing and maintenance of shrub beds and grassed areas including reclaiming, fencing-off, ground planning & preparation, removal of dead trees, planting trees shrubs and flower bulbs, fixing tree guards, staking, mulching, grading, reseeding, rolling and watering as required.
• To clean and lift litter and larger debris from hard areas, shrub beds, rough grass, water ways and shop areas (as required). This will include the removal of such things as fly-tipping material, building rubble, doors, cupboards, cookers, items of household furniture and bonfire debris. Therefore it will require an ability to physically deal with this type of rubbish.
• The spraying of shrub beds, tree bases and hard areas with a range of chemicals, pesticides and weed killers if you have the proper certificates.
• The loading/unloading of all equipment, materials and waste as required.
• The execution of running repairs and minor maintenance on equipment and machinery including, for example, the sharpening, adjusting and renewal of blades as required, etc.
• The post holder must carry out all duties associated with the post with due regard to the health and safety of colleagues and members of the public. Where necessary signs must be displayed in work areas warning of dangers. Reporting potential Public Liability Claims (PLICs) hazards to the District Office for repair.
• Any other duties as required. Training will be provided where necessary.
· Minimum of 1 year’s relevant experience in a commercial grounds maintenance environment and / or in the use of commercial mowers / tractors / ride-on grounds machinery.
· Candidates must also possess a full current driving licence (If issued after 01 January 1997, licence must include Category C1 + E).
· Possession of a spraying certificate i.e. PA1, safe handling of pesticides, and PA6A, hand held applications are desirable
· Possession of NPTC / NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or equivalent is desirable.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Stephen Nugent at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.