Our client is a dynamic and progressive specialist joinery and interior fit-out contractor who has built a reputation for excellence and innovation and has an international track record of achievement. The opportunity has now arisen for a highly motivated Graduate to fill the following position, based at their Head Office in Antrim:
Graduate SHEQ Officer:
Reporting to the SHEQ Manager, the successful candidate will play an active role in the continuous development of the Company’s management systems. This position is suitable for those with a genuine passion for the Environment, Health and Safety and has the drive to help continually improve our SHEQ culture.
Main duties will include:
· Help implement SHEQ strategies and procedures.
· Collate and analyse environmental data and produce reports as required.
· Conduct SHE risk assessments and develop risk reduction programmes.
· Conduct workplace inspections.
· Assist with the investigation and reporting of non-conformances, accidents and incidents identifying root cause and remedial and corrective actions
· Assist with the co-ordination and management of audit programmes.
· Assist in the development and delivery of Company training plans.
· Play an active role in the implementation and delivery of the Company’s health and wellbeing plan.
· Assist with the delivery of the Company’s health surveillance programme.
This role is particularly suitable for candidates with an environmental management background.
Candidates must possess a relevant 3rd level EHS qualification and have an excellent understanding of UK Health & Safety and Environmental legislation. Experience within the construction or manufacturing sectors would be an advantage, as would experience of ISO management systems.
Applicants will be expected to be articulate, well organised and proactive with strong influencing skills, the ability to drive continual improvement and maintain standards and credibility, Candidates must be prepared to travel to sites across the UK on occasion.
The role will include a structured training programme and opportunities for professional development.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.