Our Client is an M&E Contractor based in Co. Down, offering mechanical & electrical installation services ranging from small one-off projects to large-scale £multi-million schemes. Over the last 40+ years, Thye have successfully provided a full range of Mechanical and Electrical services to clients, across both public and private sectors throughout the UK and Ireland and now due to company expansion both in size & profile, we are now seeking a Graduate Health and Safety Advisor to join our team.
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be responsible for overseeing H&S on a range of M&E sites across Ireland. With projects covering both NI & Republic of Ireland, local travel to sites will be required. You will be tasked with implementing the companies SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure full compliance to Approved Codes of Practice and legislation. You will lead and deliver health & safety initiatives with the support of Management to help raise awareness of risks and hazards.
Your time throughout the week will be split between head office in Co. Down and various sites across Ireland.
- · Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
- · Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
- · Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- · Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- · Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- · Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- · Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- · Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
- · Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained
- · Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
- · Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
- · Monitor and update the companies Quality & Environmental systems and participate in audits and necessary.
- · Promote the companies profile via website and social media outlets.
- · NEBOSH General Certificate qualification
- · Minimum of 1-2 years recent relevant experience within a Construction Health & Safety function within a large complex, multi-site organisation
- · An additional Construction Health & Safety course i.e. IOSH Managing Safely in Construction or similar prefered
- · Have access to a form of transport to enable the candidate to fulfil the requirements of the post
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Emmet West at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.