Our client is a nationally recognised civil engineering company and one of the leading construction specialists within their field in the UK. They consistently work on attractive projects throughout the UK and Ireland delivering on their services to their clients.
Our client places an emphasis on their vision and value in their industry. Their values are based on excellence – aiming to deliver the best possible service for their clients. They are also passionate, committed and enthusiastic about the service they provide – making this company a great firm to work for.
Due to a period of extended growth and continued success, our client wants to recruit for an experienced Financial Controller.
Required Responsibilities for the Role;
· Ensuring that an organisation meets the necessary tax, permit and licencing requirements.
· Collaborating with an executive team in establishing more effective processes and controls to ensure the integrity of a company’s ledger.
· Overseeing all financial control activities, including the review and analysis of monthly and quarterly numbers and disclosures.
· Providing executive management with accurate and comprehensive financial information to guide effective policy making and financial strategizing.
· Summarising budget trends, analysing deficiencies and reporting variances to executives.
· Providing external auditors with the necessary documentation and support.
· Taking care of tax preparation duties or liaising with external tax accountants for tax preparation.
Essential Criteria for the Role;
· A full understanding of accounting principles and techniques.
· In depth knowledge of accounting and finance best practices/policies.
· Proficient communication skills, organisational skills and IT skills.
· Proficient in all relevant accounting practices.
· A full understanding of tax legislation and laws/policies.
· Full understanding of financial strategy, financial forecasting and budgeting.
· The ability to routinely analyse financial reports.
· Experience working as an accounting professional at the required level.
Desirable Criteria for the Role;
· Ideally the successful candidate will be a fully Chartered Accountant through the regular accounting bodies such as ACA, ACCA or CIMA. Applicants working towards qualification and with relevant experience are also welcome to apply.
· Relevant accounting experience in industry.
· The successful applicant will benefit from a competitive salary/remuneration package.
If you feel you meet the required criteria please get in contact.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Shane Connor at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.