Role: Fabrication Operations Manager
Location: Banbridge Area
Salary: £40-50k DOE
Due to continued growth our client a dynamic progressive company, are seeking to appoint an experienced Fabrication Operations Manager to support their current fabrication function. The role will be based at HQ in the Banbridge area with visits to our nearby sister site in the Craigavon Area.
The role as Fabrication & Operations Manager will be to manage weekly production, forecast production, monitoring of queries, non-conformances and implement operational procedures. The role will also require the managing of raw materials, machine maintenance and the development of the fabrication facilities in Banbridge with advice and guidance on design requirements and specification.
- Planning and building the fabrication team to deliver future projects in line with company growth.
- Managing the fabrication department to ensure all fabrication projects are completed in a timely manner to a high standard of quality.
- Communication with your team to establish weekly workloads and that processes are being developed improved to meet market standards.
- Create work schedules on future forecast works to highlight capacity highs and lows.
- Reviewing of the company welding and painting standards to ensure they are valid and in line with current UK & European standards.
- Lead, motivate and support your team within a time sensitive and demanding environment.
- Liaise with the Operations teams in weekly project meetings to discuss progress, programmes and targets for the individual projects.
- Management of raw materials and stock levels.
- Review fabrication drawings prior to entering the production line for correct measurements and specification.
- Develop job descriptions for new roles and assist in the recruitment process in order to fill positions in the fabrication team.
- Prepare a monthly presentation to Senior Management on production levels, forecast workload and facilities requirements.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by Management.
- Held a previous role as Fabrication Operations Manager for a minimum of 2 years.
- Outstanding communication ability both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Previous Experience maintaining fabrication/welding certification (i.e. HNC Fabrication & Welding, City & Guild Fabrication & Welding Tech Parts I, II, III, etc.)
- Previous experience or familiarity with pipe/structural welding procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, including the ability to operate Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Organize a structured approach to your work.
- Attention to detail
- Strong decision making, skills, and as a result driven approach.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage a varied portfolio of work.
- Full Driving License.
- Good attendance and timekeeping record.
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to motivate colleagues, whilst maintaining a high level of productivity
- Previous experience on operating any of the following machines (CNC Plasma Plate Cutter, Press Brake, CNC Pipe Bending Machine, Orbital Pipe Welder)
- Previous experience or familiarity with spray painting procedures
- Previous experience in using DWG/Auto Cad software
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Rachel Gough at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.