Estimator - Dublin
· Location: Dublin
· Job Type: Permanent, full-time
· Salary: Market leading
· Date: 13/2/2020
One of Dublin’s leading main contractors is currently recruiting for an Estimator to join their team.
Established over 50 years ago, the company has established itself as a leading main contractor delivering marquee projects throughout Ireland.
They have a strong pipeline of work ranging in value from €10m - €200m and are looking to bring in an experienced Estimator to price large – scale commercial, retail, Mixed-use, Data Centre and industrial projects throughout Dublin and Ireland.
- Responsible for the preparation of the tender with assistance from the pre-construction team.
- Upon receipt of tender documents, review and prepare a report, including tender deliverables.
- Undertake a site inspection and prepare a report. Compile an appropriate risk register and update accordingly.
- Prepare and send out Tender enquiries to supply chain and review quotations received.
- Prepare Tender sum analysis, priced document/Bill of Quantities. Cross check/take off quantities from drawings as required.
- Attend, both internal and external tender review meetings with the procurement team.
- Liaise with Design Consultants to obtain design information and review value engineering proposals/construction processes.
- Prepare post tender valuation of submission to the construction team.
- File tender documentation in accordance with the company procedure.
- Attend handover meeting to brief the construction team
- Review production analysis and update.
- a construction industry relevant qualification,
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Specific experience of pricing jobs €10m+
- Be able to demonstrate that they have a good knowledge of materials and construction methods,
- excellent IT skills,
- Strong, written and verbal, communication skills.
- A proven record or working effectively with suppliers and clients is essential as is the ability to identify and propose savings through valued engineering and strategic and efficient buying gains.
- Proficiency in administration, writing, numeracy, IT and MS Office.
In return a market leading salary and benefits package is on offer.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Jonathan Derby at CSR on 015267469. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Construction Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.