Our Client, one of the leading Northern Irish building contractors, is seeking to appoint two Environmental Officers, Junior and Intermediate, to add to their existing team, they will manage the EHS function and drive continuous improvements in EHS performance across all business aspects for our clients.
The role will be project based in Co. Tyrone
Competitive packages available, with full benefits and schemes DOE.
Packages will vary depending on experience
This is an immediate vacancy and candidates with 1+ years’ experience (for junior role) and 3+ years’ experience (for Intermediate role)
The successful candidate should possess the following qualities;
· Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory and corporate requirements.
· Manage regular strategic review of the EHS function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
· Participate in management review meetings to present Environment, Health & Safety performance, discuss upcoming Environment, Health & Safety actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address Environment, Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
· Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate EHS culture through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
· Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
· Responsible for appropriate procedures, approvals, co-ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
· Manage all EHS regulatory reporting requirements.
· Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in EHS emergency situations.
· Represent the company on EHS affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
· Drive a ‘best practice’ EHS philosophy across all business aspects
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.