The CSR Group have been retained by a leading Irish based building and civil construction main contractor, working on large scale projects across Ireland, and the UK, with values up to £200M, to recruit for an Environmental Manager.
The successful candidate would be based in the Cambridge area or be commutable to it.
The successful candidates will have an Environmental Degree/Diploma, NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety (or alternative is a distinct advantage), a Grad IEMA with 4+ Years experience in a similar role.
The Environmental Manager, will manage the environmental function and drive continuous improvements in environmental performance across all business aspects for the clients.
· Develop, maintain, and review the Environmental programme(s) to ensure compliance with current and future legal, regulatory, customer and corporate requirements.
· Manage regular strategic review of the Environmental function in the organisation and provide appropriate objectives and programmes to improve overall EHS performance and to defend against future liabilities.
· Participate in management review meetings to present environmental performance, discuss upcoming environmental actions to improve functional performance, and proactively identify and promptly address any Environment or Safety & Health issues which may affect operations or may provide strategic advantage to the business.
· Lead the creation and maintenance of an appropriate ‘best practice’ EHS culture and philosophy through cross-functional cooperation, communications, promotions and training.
· Establish and manage the implementation of environmental management programmes.
· Responsible for development and enhancement of appropriate procedures, approvals, co-ordination and control of hazardous, regulated and solid wastes.
· Manage all environmental regulatory reporting requirements.
· Responsible for emergency planning and take leadership role in environmental emergency situations.
· Represent the company on environmental affairs with relevant external parties ensuring adequate response to all regulatory and legal issues.
· Provide support and assistance when required to Health & Safety team and lead by example at all times.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Henry Deazley at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.