An NI based contractor is currently seeking to recruit an Electrical QS, to work across all contracts in Northern Ireland. The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for the safety, technical standards and quality of electrical installation work completed under their supervision.
- Ensuring that the results of inspection and testing in compliance with all current standards are recorded correctly on the appropriate certificates or reports.
- Ensuring that the business' premises, equipment, documentation and records are kept up to date and available for inspection when required by NICEIC.
- Safeguarding all unused NICEIC forms of certification and reporting any loss, theft or misuse.
- Provide additional technical support, where required for other team members and Managers.
- Ensuring compliance with client contractual requirements
- Management of contract calibration scheme.
- QA site visits - both direct employees and Sub Contractors.
- In conjunction with the HR Department support Electrical succession plan through effective coaching and mentoring of Electrical Apprentices.
- Attend both departmental and client meetings when required.
- To monitor compliance and highlight any areas of concern to the relevant Contract Manager/Regional Director.
- Liaise with HR Department & L&D regarding electrical training requirements.
- Liaise with SHEQ Department regarding all quality and compliance issues.
- Any other reasonable management request.
- Recognised Electrical Apprenticeship with NVQ Level 3, AM1, AM2 or equivalent (e.g. City and Guilds Part 2) in a relevant trade or discipline.
- Qualified to 18th Edition standards.
- Understanding of the Electricity at Work Regulations, current edition of BS 7671, and the Codes of Practice and guidance documents relevant to the range of electrical work undertaken.
- Inspection and Testing 2391, 50, 51 and 52 or industry recognised equivalents
- Understanding of the inspection, testing, verification, certification and reporting procedures for the range of electrical work undertaken.
- Full Clean Driving License.
- Valid CSR card.
- Have at least 3 consecutive years supervisory or managerial responsibility for the standard of electrical installation work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
In return for your committment, you will receive a competitive remuneration package.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.