While working in the commercial environment department, the core duties revolve around assisting in preparing electrical estimates under the leadership of the estimating manager. This role is best suited to someone from an electrical background, with good technical understanding numerical and ICT skills. The candidate should also have excellent communication skills and a high attention to detail, a team player and the ability to manage time allocated to tasks are basic attributes of an individual filling this position.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- The preparation of electrical estimates within a busy estimating department.
- Liaise and communicate with Sub-Contractors, Vendors and Suppliers to prepare tenders in a timely manner.
- Understand and analyse electrical, structural, architectural, and other related drawings and schematics to establish the right price.
- Take an active role in preparing commercial quantified schedules of rates/tender summary information.
- Assist with tenders through from arrival in the company to the effective handover to our contracts team when project secure.
- Contribute to the preparation and cost calculation of value engineering/cost saving/’spend to save’ proposals.
- Build relationships with our customers to promote repeat business.
- Ensure that the values are represented in all delivery area communications and actions.
- Provide support to all document printing, filing and collation for the commercial department.
- Assist in preparation of external communication including marketing, bid and contract information.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- As part of an established team of professionals the candidate will be involved with the projection of competitive tenders & details estimates for 2 stage, D&B with stage to 2 / 3 level of information through to full designed projects.
- Attend Pre & Post tender interviews.
- Assessing specialist sub-contractors and material quotes for specification compliance
- Complete material take-offs from information available.
- Prepare and take part in tender adjudication process.
- Complete tender breakdowns & BOQ’s as required
- Check, acknowledge and log all tender documents and amendments, plus monitor tender document movements throughout the office.
- Adding tender to Tender Workload programme
- Organise copy of tender documents and amendments for appropriate parties and ensure BoQ’s are copied, and drawings are prepared for site visits by assigned contracts manager / supervisor/ estimator.
- Support the estimator in identifying sub-contractors and suppliers to issue enquiry packages to
- Prepare enquiry packages and dispatch to sub-contractors and suppliers.
- Follow up supplier/sub-contractor phone calls and maintain a “live” progress schedule report.
- Ensure sub-contractor and supplier quotations are received and input into the estimating system. Hand-over and presentation of returned and completed tender bid enquiry package to the estimator.
- Attend tender launch and mid tender review meetings, brief team on tender enquiry status and supplier / sub-contractor feedback, take and issue minutes.
- Ensure all information and arrangements are made for tender adjudication meeting. Attend adjudication meeting and prepare summary minutes as directed.
- Maintain central tender filing system.
- On successful tender prepare files in conjunction with the estimator for hand- over meeting as directed by the estimator.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ year experience in electrical estimating
- Time served commercial / industrial electrical installation background or alternative practical site-based experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a sound electrical technical knowledge and commercial awareness.
- Have IT skills to a high standard, preferable Trimble software experience.
- Highly proficient MS Office applications.
- Self-motivated, with a ‘can-do’ approach to work and willingness to learn and assist.
- Be able to express ideas clearly in both verbal and written communication.
- Organised and disciplined in your planning and approach to work.
- Work well and confidently as part of a team is a busy estimating environment.
- Demonstrate natural innovation/continuous improvement.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.