CSR is working with one of Northern Ireland’s long established leading electrical contractors with over 30 years of valuable experience within numerous sectors, including the Industrial, Commercial and Domestic Construction sectors, throughout Ireland and UK.
Due to increased business and strategic focus our client is seeking to create an additional role and exciting opportunity for an Electrical Estimator. Not only will the Estimator work on projects where the successful candidate will manage all aspects of the tendering process but will additionally focus on growing the company’s client base.
With the obvious dynamics of the position, this role offers an attractive remuneration package (including performance bonus).
• Accurately prepare and submit compliant tenders, using our estimating software within clients required deadlines. Resolve any queries with the aim of securing the work
• Day-to-day management of the tender process ensuring standards are maintained.
• Take a lead in securing profitable contracts. Interface effectively with clients from initial contact/enquiry to quotation and winning the order.
• Proactively maintain and develop a strong network of contacts within the target commercial customer base and promote the company’s capability with them to secure appropriate opportunities.
• Handover secured projects effectively to the Contracts team (Contract Managers/ Buyer etc) with detailed budget and target GP margins
• Manage the maintenance of customer/contract information in an effective tender database and provide all necessary reporting information to senior management
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Electrical Estimator/QS within the contract environment
• A good level of secondary education demonstrating high levels of literacy and numeracy
• Have a technical knowledge of electrical installations ranging from small domestic to large commercial / industrial
• Understand and analyse electrical drawings to establish the correct cost for various electrical projects
• Clear experience of establishing and developing effective long term customer relationships.
• Network of construction industry contacts in place
• Varied project background with a clear track record of sales and conversion of tender submissions and quotes
• Self-motivated and results orientated
• Deadline driven & a team player
• Strong Commercial Awareness
• Strong attention to detail and presentation
• Excellent Communication & Negotiation Skills
• In possession of strong inter-personal and relationship building skills
• Strong IT skills including database software
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.