An M&E Contractor based in Belfast that work with a wide range of clients in both the public and private sector, from social housing to schools and hospitals, is seeking to recruit an Electrical Contracts Manager to join their maintenance team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read drawings & specifications and extract all information to allow accurate costing.
- Health & Safety - Inductions of personnel onto site, carry out daily briefs, toolbox talks, preparing and issuing RAMS, monitoring H&S plan.
- Preparing and issuing Technical Submissions in advance of major orders, monitoring of stock materials, assist site supervisor with timely procurement of materials, overseeing deliveries and appropriate hire goods when applicable.
- Liaising with subcontractors & specialists, coordination of works, troubleshooting.
- Monitoring the progress of the programme & reporting on progress to Main Contractor / Client / Framework Manager
- Ensuring that the highest standards are achieved and maintained, implementation and continued motoring of the company IMS systems.
- Attend all required company / department meetings, prepare, and provide all necessary input for project /client progress meetings
- Responsibility for arranging and scheduling and the monitoring of all required commissioning / testing of equipment & systems within the contracts and ensuring that full records are obtained and retained for O&M competition.
- Preparation of all required information for the timely production of required manuals including the timely mark-up and production of ‘as installed drawings’, building logbooks, specialist information & full operational guides.
- Strong communication skills are essential for the planning & delivery of projects, issuing reports or direct reporting to the Framework Manager as and when required, giving solid, relevant information, ensuring that strong communication is maintained with all members of the delivery team.
- Taking control of the project finance, ensuring betterment can be achieved wherever possible but never to the detriment of the project quality.
- Building & maintaining good relationships with the project site team inclusive of client/end user through to maintenance team.
- Conflict / Issue resolution
- Professional & courteous management of all Site Personnel
- Sharing lessons learned, flagging of recurring issues, monitoring performance of suppliers, specialists, sub-contractors & company personnel.
- Liaising with the design team, consultants, clients and providing all the relevant information and answers.
- All aspects of H&S, procurement, and delivery
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Contract Management
- Electrical Qualifications
- Solid technical knowledge of Electrical systems
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent Communication / Negotiation Skills
- Multi-task working across several projects at one time
- Ability to delegate and organise workloads for self and others
- Team Player
- Proactive Approach
- Ability to work extended hours / weekends if a project requires
- Sector experience - Healthcare, Industrial, Commercial
This position is primarily based in Northern Ireland and is permanent full time. Salary will be dependent on experience and industry standards.
In return for these skills, the company offer excellent routes for career and skills progression and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking and progressive company. They have an excellent programme in place for employees to progress through the company and gain new skills - which has seen some of their senior management grow within the company at a fast pace.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Ernesta Lukoseviciute at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.