Commercial Bid Manager
The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service/product/business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager is typically responsible for managing an opportunity from identification, through to qualification through to contract award, including value proposition/strategy development, solution development, commercial considerations, partner identification, and risk management. Responsibilities include the introduction and implementation of all necessary bid procedures, governance, and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Proven capability in delivering winning, multi-million-pound product or complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in commercial M&E and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions, and solution design.
Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Have the ability to manage complex, multi-workstream opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
· Integrate with sales and commercial team to assist in identification, evaluation and preparation of proposals for new opportunities.
· Source public procurement sites and tender portals to identify suitable opportunities; working with the sales team to agree bid/no bid decisions and support the creation of ‘win’ strategies.
· Management of new opportunities – including Expressions of Interest (EOIs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Invitations to Tender (ITTs) and pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs)
· Managing concurrent bid deadlines
· Lead storyboard sessions with commercial, design and sales team members and key stakeholders for current and future opportunities.
· Liaise with senior team to review and agree on how to format returns and set out timeline and appointed person for each task.
· Preparing & submitting pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQs).
· Assisting in the preparation of case studies and other reference materials required to support the quality element of tender returns.
· 5 Years office-based experience within the construction/commercial M&E sectors
· Previous experience in preparing and submitting tender buds within the construction and Public Sectors.
· Computer literate with attention to detail and presentation
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word
· Strong written language skills
· Organised and structured approach to work with an ability to manage workloads
· Commercial awareness
· Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
· Good understanding of commercial M&E Systems
· Full In house Training (if required)
· Competitive pension scheme
· Life assurance scheme
· Health cash plan
· Free annual health check during working hours
· 30 days annual leave
· And more..
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.