A Top Tier Civil Engineering Contractor based in Belfast has a new opportunity for an Estimator to join the Commercial Team.
What you'll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive:
- Implement the strategy and systems of the Company, ensuring tenders are undertaken and prepared to the high quality standards that the Company reputation demands.
- Responsible for all aspects of the tender compilation.
- Ensure all requirements of tender documentation are identified and included in tender cost.
- Resolution of all commercial issues and queries in consultation with Designers, Clients Representative, Sub- Contractors and Suppliers as relevant.
- Carry out tender evaluations highlighting any pricing anomalies, exclusions, additions, specification qualifications or changes, provisional sum allowances, fixed price adjustments, risk considerations, contingencies.
- Participate in and advise on value engineering workshops identifying areas of potential cost improvement, researching and reporting on alternative solutions for materials and components.
- Prepare cash flows as part of tender review.
- Provide a professional approach to every stage of the tender process.
- Produce a programme to monitor the progress of the tender and key dates within the formulation of the bid.
- Ensure that every aspect of the bid is evaluated from first principles.
- Check and confirm that the quantities being used are correct, ensure that a comprehensive pricing document is prepared for compilation of the tender project cost.
- Demonstrate that in terms of method, engineering and build-ability every aspect of the tender has been produced accurately and reflects the true cost of labour, plant and materials, for both direct and in-direct costs.
- Work and liaise closely with other members of the team, including Operations Managers, Commercial Managers, Planners, Quality and Safety departments in the preparations of tenders, ensuring the highest level of quality in the tender submission.
- Preparation of the tender submission to the exact requirements of the client and ensure the tender is submitted within the deadlines specified.
- Presentation of the components of the tender to Senior Management in the Tender Review to allow the tender to be signed off prior to submission.
- Attend site visits and tender meetings to represent the Company and liaise with clients throughout the process.
- Review all tender submissions including unsuccessful bids, ensuring that any problems are identified and solutions proposed and implemented.
- Any other responsibilities as required by the job function, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the business.
- Carrying out take-off
- Preparing Cost Plans
What you'll bring:
As an Estimator your main skills and experience will include:
- Minimum of 3 years Civil Engineering Estimating experience.
- In-depth knowledge of regional supply chains, competitors and markets.
- Engineering or quantity surveying experience gained within civil engineering, with strong numeric ability and up to date knowledge of all relevant standard methods of measurement.
- Thorough understanding of all stages of tender processes for civil engineering contracts in the public and private sectors and awareness of standard conditions of contract.
- Excellent and proven analytical and commercial ability
- Good awareness and knowledge of forms of contract and methods of measurement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong IT skills covering Microsoft Word and Excel, and understanding of Estimating Software, Microsoft Project etc. are preferable.
- Capable of meeting deadlines/timelines in a timely manner with sufficient time for review and quality assurance checks
- Team player willing to help out colleagues and able to build relationships with operational colleagues to get support when needed.
- Strong attention to detail, thoroughness and accuracy in preparation of tender documentation
- Strong writing and presentational skills with efficient and clear use of language thereby ensuring high quality professional submissions.
- Effective and motivated self-starter, enthusiastic and driven to succeed in his/her submissions.
- Awareness of risk management issues and retaining focus in all tenders of the capability of the group to profitably deliver projects tendered for.
In return, on offer is a competitive salary plus the company will provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Car Allowance
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Michelle Doran at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.