Building Services Engineer
Due to an increased workload we have an opportunity for a Building Services Engineer to join our clients established team. You will have responsibility for design and management of mechanical building services projects in complex buildings, including refurbishing existing buildings. In some cases, you will be part of a larger team on major projects, as well as managing your own projects.
You will be involved in diverse projects and deliver innovative design solutions across a broad range of clients across multiple sectors.
You are a good communicator and comfortable in meetings with Clients and contractor, forging strong relationships due to your technical ability and understanding of challenges and ability to deliver solutions. You’ll support the Belfast office multidisciplinary team and help support growth of their business. The role may require you to travel across the UK and Ireland, and there may be opportunities or requests to go further afield.
Your portfolio will encompass everything from residential, commercial, industrial and mixed developments, to health, education, defence and justice initiatives. You will have experience in the financial management and delivery of complex engineering projects across a wide range of procurement types. You will have a pro-active approach to project delivery and be flexible to meet location and project deadlines.
You will be expected to have a relevant degree in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent and be a member of the CIBSE, IMechE, IET or equivalent professional body, although relevant design experience would be considered.
· Right to work in the UK
· Ability to handle meetings with Clients and Contractors through all project stages
· Relevant experience in design and supervision of projects;
· Either Chartered Engineer or working towards chartered status
· Relevant experience in design and management of projects.
· Experience in the defence sector would be beneficial
· Current driving licence;
· Ability to working within a team and major complex projects throughout the UK;
· Experience in AutoCAD, National Engineering Spec (NES) Microsoft office.;
· REVIT experience welcomed;
· Understanding of IES or other thermal modelling software
· Energy Assessor capability would be welcomed
· Understanding of BREEAM on M&E Services;
· Understanding of Hevacomp or other calculation software
· Meet requirements to achieve security clearance for work in security facilities.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
They are a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. They provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. They are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits.
They are very happy to discuss flexible working for this role, including the possibility of reduced hours, flexible start and finish times, or compressed hours. We can offer a range of solutions to help you to get the most out of your work / life balance.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Adam White at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.