CSR are working with a leading NI based Civil Contractor who are looking to add an Assistant Contracts Manager to their team. Ideally they are interested in candidate with a degree in Civil Engineering and have some Site/Project experience. they predominantly carryout work in NI and ROI with some site in England and Scotland. There will be only some sporatic travel with no overnight travel required.
Duties / Activities:
- Assisting the Contracts Department, and in particular the Contracts Director, in the delivery of the contract to include liaising with other departments within the Company
- Requisitioning & measuring quantities of materials & sourcing alternatives as required
- Checking materials received on site to ensure no shortfalls/errors in deliveries
- Assisting in the management of contract variations to support the Contracts Manager
- Travelling off site to work for a period of time at destinations both within and outside the UK, if and when required.
- Making full use of your communication, negotiating, influencing, analyzing, problem solving, planning and organising skills
- All other duties as required and directed by management which would reasonably fall within the job title.
- Educated to Degree level with at least 2 years previous experience working in a construction related industry with knowledge of contracts delivery.
- GCSE or equivalent qualification in English and Maths
- Good computer literacy including Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Must be prepared to undertake extensive travel as part of the role
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Paddy Quinn at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.