CSR CONSTRUCTION JOBS:
Site Engineer (UK)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting Project Managers in supervising the development of the site through to completion, ensuring that programme, quality and cost targets are achieved in accordance with the build programme, through the effective management of the site team and sub-contractors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project planning – ensuring the effective management of the project from start to handover.
- Support management in co-ordinating trades, direct labour and materials to meet the construction programme. Including working with utility providers such as NIE, Phoenix Gas, BT and NI Water.
- Direct supervision of work activities.
- Monitor and control of all site activity to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensure health and safety practices are maintained to provide a safe working environment, including hazard and control.
- Preparation of method statements and risk assessments.
- Liaise with client representatives to facilitate work activities.
- Accept responsibility for such duties and responsibilities as the Project Manager may determine
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies
This role will initially be based in the Greater London area. However the successful candidate will be expected to work on construction sites, Company fixed locations and other locations throughout the UK and Ireland.
- Educated to degree level in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or equivalent qualification. Candidates without this level of education may be considered if they can demonstrate suitable work experience as deemed appropriate by Management.
- Full Driving License
- Professional Qualification such as CIOB, RICS, RIBA or APM
- Appropriate and Valid CSCS Card
- Sound knowledge of construction management or civil engineering with min. 3 years’ experience.
- Passionate about construction and building, with good career continuity.
- Commercially aware with a great knowledge of construction and engineering within the UK/ROI.
- Strong knowledge of construction methods and technology.
- Financial Awareness with experience managing construction related budgets and key performance indicators.
- Proven track record managing people, logistics, suppliers, sub-contractors, quality, environment and health and safety in a busy and demanding working environment.
- Good knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Project, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) and database software.
Skills & Competencies:
- Team player and leader
- Excellent attention to detail and meticulous planning and organizational skills
- Good IT and numerical skills.
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work to tight deadlines in high pressured situations.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) and able to engage with all stakeholders at all levels.
- Self-motivated. Capable of working under minimal supervision and on own initiative.
- An excellent professional demeanour.
- Flexible approach to working hours and various different locations throughout the UK and ROI if required.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please contact Raymond Younge at CSR on 02892627488. Alternatively, to apply, click on the link below.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Crescent Specialist Recruitment (CSR) operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.